- Until I get up at least.
- I will not drink any less either.
- I will not drink unless I have company.
- I like my company.
2. I will not worry unnecessarily
- No one has my circumstances.
- I am little more conscientious. How can it be called worrying?
- Someone has to worry.
- In any case I don’t worry about small things.
3. I will be regular with walks and calisthenics
- Once in a fortnight is fairly regular, isn’t it?
- What’s the use? She doesn’t come to the gym/walks anymore?
- 90 kgs is still less than 100, isn’t it?
- I have seen the fittest getting heart-attacks.
4. I will be more forgiving
- As soon as I have finished breaking the SOB’s teeth.
- Gandhi wasn’t so practical, you know.
- You have no idea what she did to me.
- I have tried this. He thought it was my weakness.
5. I will become more punctual
- Alright, but how about improving traffic, bus and train services?
- Me, the only one? Sitting alone in office, function, date?
- There are people who slip in much after me.
- Is there a fire?
6. I will become more positive
- You can’t be a lotus in filth.
- I am just being realistic.
- Glass half full? Have you seen the muck in the water?
- Who invented the parachute?
7. I will be more charitable
- You think the b____s are poor because of me?
- I have worked for every penny that I have.
- They misuse these funds all the time.
- People just show off with charity.
8. I will not waste time on unproductive activities
- Our group on facebook is quite intellectual.
- I am a thinking man.
- Some people are so unsocial.
- Sudoku is good for the brain.
9. I will spend more time with the family
- I would but the kids don’t want me.
- Our last holiday in Matheran was a disaster.
- There is a generation gap.
- They actually want to be left alone.
10. I will not lose my temper even with unreasonable people
- Is it only for me? What about the other party?
- One should call a spade a spade. I am only being factual.
- I never start an argument.
- There is always a limit, you know.
I think one reason that the New Year Resolutions don’t work is because we let the Mind do most of the thinking. We should, once in a while, let the heart be in control. It may just work.
© 2011 – 2013, Sunbyanyname. All rights reserved.